8 ways to celebrate Diwali in the Office
Hello everyone. Diwali is round the corner and we are all about taking celebrations to work. Making life at work multi cultural makes work that much more interesting.
Maybe you have been too busy to celebrate Diwali at work, or maybe you have felt shy (like Khushi mentioned in her post on Diwali at work in the US) about bringing something new into work. And maybe you have been doing it for years – in which case, please add your ideas!
Did you know that Diwali is celebrated by many religions including Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism?
Whether you want to celebrate Diwali in the office with your team or just by yourself, here are some ideas to get you thinking. Do add your own.
Some of these ideas are borrowed from Amrita’s post last year on Diwali in America – do check that one out as well.
- Clean up your office desk as so many people clean out their houses in India 🙂
- Add a few Diwali touches to your desks – a colorful Diya maybe or even a candle
- Pin up a diwali card with ‘happy Diwali’ written on it on your desk/ cubicle/ board (you can get print out a card from the web)
- Bring in treats for the team (Indian sweets, or candies or dough nuts) – As Amrita mentioned, candies are a great PR for Diwali
- Give little decorated Diwali diya’s (available at Indian stores) to your colleagues on that day
- Wear Indian clothes to work – or Indian jewelry
- Wear new clothes to work – a reason to shop 🙂
- Invite your team for a Diwali lunch together at an Indian restaurant or any restaurant you like
What do you think? Do add your thoughts and ideas. Happy Diwali!
Last 5 posts by Bloggermoms
- Holi Activities for Preschoolers - February 27th, 2012
- Celebrating Holi - February 23rd, 2012
- Celebrating Holi in the Workplace - February 21st, 2012
- Preschool Diwali Celebrations or School Diwali Celebrations - Party Ideas - October 21st, 2011
- About Bloggermoms - May 11th, 2011