Breakfast for Kids
Why is breakfast so important?
A good first meal can help children stay alert in class. It’s hard for children to concentrate when they are hungry. Breakfast provides kids with the nutrition and fuel they need to start their day off right. It provides the energy your child’s brain can use to:
- Concentrate and stay alert.
- Solve problems and remember important information.
- Be creative and imaginative.
- Learn fundamental skills.
So even though mornings can be rushed, it is important to save time for breakfast.
Whole grain cereals, fruit or fruit juice and low-fat dairy products make a delicious and nutritious morning meal for kids. A good morning meal provides protein, carbohydrates, a little fat and some vitamin C. When choosing a cereal, check the ingredients and the Nutrition Facts on the package. Cereals that have a whole grain, such as “rolled oats” or “whole wheat” as the first ingredient, 2 grams or more of fiber per serving, no more than 3 grams of fat per serving and no more than 250 milligrams of sodium per serving are among the best choices.
Best of luck to all the parents in choosing their kids’ healthy breakfast.
Last 5 posts by Sarmila
- Diwali.. Be Safe And Healthy - October 15th, 2009
- Herniated Disc - August 30th, 2009
- Shadow Disease - July 27th, 2009
- Grilled Spicy Chicken Breast With Carrot - July 9th, 2009
- Balushahi - June 11th, 2009