Checking if Muffins or Cakes are done
I did not like using a toothpick for checking if a muffin or cake is done. The fork makes too many punctures and the toothpick, well, I dont feel like using a toothpick just for this. So here are two things that work for me -
- Instead of toothpick use spaghetti (uncooked, of course). It does the same thing and you can just throw it away.
- Press the top of the muffin or cake with your finger gently. If it bounces back , its done. This works even better, as you dont have to go into a dilemma over whether the muffin is not done, or is just soft and gooey.
Last 5 posts by Dora
- Hair Conditioning Tip - November 7th, 2010
- Easy to Clean Measuring Cups - October 11th, 2010
- The Emergency Bag - September 13th, 2010
- Potpourri - August 22nd, 2010
- Summer Tip and a touch of spa - July 17th, 2010