As a part of celebration of Earth Day, I took my son to the nearby public library and came across this wonderful book, Earth Day by Linda Lowery. It talks about what propelled Senator Nelson to take up the mission of saving our planet, following the oil leak in the Pacific Ocean in 1969. Along with detailed illustration of the First Earth day celebrated in the United States on April 22, 1970, it catches the attention of children. And how over the years, people forgot the lessons and twenty years later, April 22, 1990, Earth Day was celebrated in 140 countries by 200 million people. It might get too long for preschoolers towards the end, but for little older children, its quite informative. At the end of the book, are simple suggestions for the 3Rs- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
Last 5 posts by indrani
- Childhood memories - June 2nd, 2011
- Out of the mouth of babes...An Interview With A Preschooler - May 4th, 2011
- My little boy has grown up - March 19th, 2011
- Gentle soft touch - January 26th, 2011
- …. Beyond the barriers of geographical boundaries. - January 18th, 2011