Entertaining a three month old
Anyone ever faced this problem? I just visited a friend – a SAHM with a three month old who doesnt nap much. My heart goes out to her. I remembered that I struggled with what to do with my babies when they were awake and happy. Of course its easier with the second one, as they can watch the first one! But I thought I will write down some ideas I have and others please add to it! This time is hard as you dont really want to take them out so much, and there is not much they can do.
- Baby yoga (I am linking a post from the site)
- Baby massage – I enjoyed massaging my babies with olive oil while singing them songs such as Ring around the roses, or the toe bone connected to the foot bone etc. For the toes, I would also do ‘this little piggy went to the market, and so on, filling in places we visit together
- Tummy time with chewing toys
- Tummy time with new colorful blankets – every time I had a new colorful one for tummy time, it would occupy then for a while.
- Watch mommy clean the house – I would take the babies from room to room and they loved seeing me with the broom or the vacuum
- Swing – i think this is a great buy
- Kick the ball – I would put a soft ball for the babes to kick which they liked
- Mirrors – put low hanging wall mirror or special baby mirrors for baby entertainment
Tools I found most useful – baby car seat, swing and one I didnt have – Baby carriers which leave your hands free. A tip – buy the expensive ones which give you lumbar support or youll never use it.
Last 5 posts by Dora
- Hair Conditioning Tip - November 7th, 2010
- Easy to Clean Measuring Cups - October 11th, 2010
- The Emergency Bag - September 13th, 2010
- Potpourri - August 22nd, 2010
- Summer Tip and a touch of spa - July 17th, 2010