Healthy Snacks for Kids on the Go
Having a child with food allergies makes snacking when we’re not at home a bit challenging. I have to prepare ahead of time because I can’t stop and pick something up at a restaurant or a vending machine. This challenge has helped make our family a bit healthier. Before I leave the house, I pack some of the following items in my diaper bag:
Individually wrapped cheese
Sippable yogurts (Don’t forget to throw in a straw.)
When toting the perishables, I add a freezer pack into a small-insulated lunch bag. All of these items can be thrown in quickly because time is one-thing parents don’t get enough of. If you happen to have time you can always pack some of the following:
My favorite muffin is banana wheat germ with honey, but any healthy recipe will do.
If you have another healthy snack for moms on the go, please add it to the comments. I’d love to hear more ideas.
Last 5 posts by Suzie
- How to sell your house in this tough market - May 17th, 2010
- Fun recipe to cook with kids - Volcano Meatloaf - February 28th, 2010
- The Efficient Mom - 5 things I cant do without part 2 - February 18th, 2010
- Efficient Mom - Things I can't do without - February 15th, 2010
- Holding the pen correctly - February 13th, 2010