Indian Independence Day special kids lunch idea
I wrote a post on indian kids lunch ideas which had some good vegetarian lunch idea suggestions as well as some non vegetarian ones.
But Indian Independence day is around the corner – so I wanted to add one more – Tiranga Sandwich. My husband used to bring this to lunch often in school.
Take three slices of whole wheat bread ( or white bread, is what we used back then).
Spread one of the following – Tomato Sauce, Tomato Chutney in between two slices.
Then take a green sauce such as a mint chutney, or coriander sauce or coriander paste or spinach paste (never tried the spinach). And spread one of the outer sides of the ‘red’ sandwich from above. Spread one side of the third and cover.
There you have it – Orange, white and green – a tiranga special like the Indian Flag. One more lunch idea with a multicultural twist.
Now, to make it more wholesome you can probably stuff the sandwiches with paneer or cheese but we just had the plain one.
Do add your suggestions!
Last 5 posts by Khushi
- Summer Activities for Kids - June 30th, 2012
- The Slight Edge - Is It Working For You? - November 11th, 2011
- Break it down - October 23rd, 2011
- Diwali Celebrations - Ideas for Children - October 23rd, 2011
- Office Diwali Party and Celebrating Diwali at work - October 22nd, 2011