Much ado about Hiccups
My friend from Mexico told me that there they have the cutest tradition for stopping hiccups in babies – you put a red thread on their foreheads! And it works.
When I was a kid, my mom would try to scare me – she felt scaring would send them away. I would hiccup a lot on drives, and she would also told me to start counting between hiccups. I think that was a psychological trick but it worked.
And another trick was drinking water – just a little bit. Stopping and asking ‘What are you drinking?’ and then replying ‘Hiccup meds!’ (in my language, of course).
Some people suggest honey.
Last 5 posts by Amrita Bakshi
- Self Publishing How To's - Tips on Self Publishing Success - May 18th, 2010
- Office Politics - April 29th, 2010
- Five tips for a networking event - March 22nd, 2010
- H4 Visa Volunteer Jobs - 5 things to remember - February 14th, 2010
- H4 Visa - The most romantic visa? - February 13th, 2010