Social Network Movie Review
Have you seen the Social Network? After a long time, I went to see a movie on its opening night. The reason was more logistics than enthusiasm, but I ended up loving the show. First it was about technology, an area I have worked on, then, it was about college – the insecurities, the bitchiness, the success, the jealousies. and third, it was about enterpreneurship – great ideas, talent, emotions, timing.
The thing that stood out most to me was that there was no going gaga about the worlds youngest self-made billionaire. There was no idolizing of every Harvard sophomores dream. It was instead a portrait with the warts not covered with makeup.
It also offered glimpses into American college life at the highest levels, that I had never had before. The drugs, the money, the hazing, the ‘girls’. The rich, and the talented and the temptations.
The dialogue is literally crackling. The stars are very believable, and there is some good acting in there.
You wont be bored. So I would say, go for it!
Last 5 posts by Khushi
- Summer Activities for Kids - June 30th, 2012
- The Slight Edge - Is It Working For You? - November 11th, 2011
- Break it down - October 23rd, 2011
- Diwali Celebrations - Ideas for Children - October 23rd, 2011
- Office Diwali Party and Celebrating Diwali at work - October 22nd, 2011