The second time around
You know, I have been thinking on what makes my second time different, and a lot of people ask me that as well. So heres my list:
- I started showing much earlier. In fact, at a school reunion before I found out I was pregnant one of my seniors congratulated me on being pregnant! Now whether that is because I was or because the barfis and kesar pedas I had gobbled since I reached India had hit my tummy I dont know
- I have not been scouring the internet for minute by minute baby development stories!
- I started feeling the kicks so much sooner, say at 14 – 16 weeks. For the babe I had had to wait much longer
- The kicks are much stronger. And I feel them all the time all over the place
- I feel strange internal organs I did not know existed – the first time I was pretty tight, but now I can tell the baby gamboling in his little bag and touching so many of my internal parts. This is really a weird feeling.
- I am not as paranoid about what I eat, what I touch etc. I am more relaxed in general. A little ache doesnt get me on the phone with the gynae
- And did I mention the excess weight gain 🙂
- By biggest worry is that the babe in all his three year old enthusiasm will pounce on my tummy and hurt the small one. Or maybe even kick him as he curls up to me on the bed
- I am raiding the chocolate chip bag I keep for muffins ever since I have decided to buy no dessert. In my first experience, I had no sweet cravings right till the end
- I have not been spending my weekends at Babies r us strolling the aisles.
- I have been having more pains, and have been told to take more rest that the first time
- No time for pre natal yoga!
And whats the same –
- The amazement at the little person inside you
- The nausea
- The joys of knowing each stage the baby is going through
- Worries if I will be able to breastfeed
- The tiredness
- The excitement
Last 5 posts by Khushi
- Summer Activities for Kids - June 30th, 2012
- The Slight Edge - Is It Working For You? - November 11th, 2011
- Break it down - October 23rd, 2011
- Diwali Celebrations - Ideas for Children - October 23rd, 2011
- Office Diwali Party and Celebrating Diwali at work - October 22nd, 2011