The Ulto Day
The babe and I have decided to have a ‘Ulto’ day. In Bangla, Ulto means topsy turvy or upside down. I dont know who came up with the idea – it was probably when we were chatting about how life has changed since the baby got here and I happened to put a shirt ‘ulto’ on the babe. And I thought it would be a fun way to break some rules and do some crazy things to liven up the babe’s schedule. This was about a month back when the babe was struggling with the new rules he had to follow with his brother being here. I thought he would choose the very next day as the Ulto day, but he went to the calendar and chose a day a month away. So now its tomorrow.
Here is our plan of some of the Ulto things we will do –
- Have dinner food for breakfast (maybe boiled egg and bread and butter or pasta and chicken)
- Have breakfast for dinner (pancakes!)
- Wear our clothes inside out (I am glad I am staying in)
- Do storytime and bath in the morning (our usual evening routine), and read even before he gets out of bed
- The babe will get to use his brothers blanket (he has been hankering for it for ages) and the baby gets his ‘dada’s’ (older brothers) blanket for the day
- Eat candy on a non special day
- Paint with the ulto side of the brush
- Try to read books ulto
Of course, I am hoping we will be creative and come up with ideas as the day passes. I will let you all know how it goes.
Any ideas you have is very welcome!
Last 5 posts by Khushi
- Summer Activities for Kids - June 30th, 2012
- The Slight Edge - Is It Working For You? - November 11th, 2011
- Break it down - October 23rd, 2011
- Diwali Celebrations - Ideas for Children - October 23rd, 2011
- Office Diwali Party and Celebrating Diwali at work - October 22nd, 2011