Walruses and other stories
Anyone out there an expert on Walruses?
The babe has developed a sudden fascination for Walruses spurred by a book he read on a Walrus rescuing a baby polar bear from a trap. So now, very often during the day, he is a walrus.
Babe : ‘You are a mommy Walrus and I am a baby walrus’
Babe :’ I am so small I can drink just one drop of milk’
Me : ‘O my itty bitty baby walrus!’
Babe: ‘ I am stuck in a trap’
Me :’ I am coming baby walrus’ . At this point I vigorously move my head pretending to open up a lock with my tusks
Babe: ‘Now I am free.Lets swim’.
Now, we had been planning a trip to India for months. But now that has fallen out of favor.
Babe ‘I want to go to the Artic Circle to see a Walrus, not India’
and then the eternal question
‘Why does walruses have tusks?’
Before having a baby, I never realized my knowledge of the world was so poor or the humbling fact that I have forgotten much of the biology I learnt.
Last 5 posts by Khushi
- Summer Activities for Kids - June 30th, 2012
- The Slight Edge - Is It Working For You? - November 11th, 2011
- Break it down - October 23rd, 2011
- Diwali Celebrations - Ideas for Children - October 23rd, 2011
- Office Diwali Party and Celebrating Diwali at work - October 22nd, 2011